Facts About Marietta Pole Project
Pole refurbishment itself was a 74% savings over buying new poles, saving the city hundreds of thousands. The lead time was also reduced from twelve weeks to one week.
Scope of Work
- Poles disassembled and electronics removed.
- Media blasted down to bare metal.
- Poles cleaned and pretreated.
- Thermoplastic coating powder applied by electrostatic spray.
- Task completed by curing at 400 degrees.
Advantages to Thermoplastic Powder Coating
- Environmentally Friendly – no VOCs, no TGIC, no phthalates, no isocyanates, no halogens and no heavy metals
- Approved for contact with food and drinking water
- Will not chip or crack in service
- Graffiti can be wiped clean using appropriate cleaners
- Attractive gloss finish in a range of colors
- Superior resistance to salt, sea, sand, and sun
Thermoplastic stands up to the most abrasive substances, including salt, pollution, harsh climates, and spray paint, and extends the life of a lamppost by up to 50 years. Key benefits also include primer-less long-term adhesion, excellent edge coverage, and high resistance to impact and stress cracking. It has been successfully used as street furniture coating all over the world.